The Diploma in Paraplanning (DipPP)
DiPPP Courses – The Diploma in ParaplanningClarity FT offer short DipPP – Paraplanning Courses in the Diploma in Paraplanning. We offer classroom, online and self paced study options. We are an LIBF accredited provider. Become a Paraplanner with one of our courses. The Diploma in Paraplanning (DipPP) is a level 4 qualification that will allow qualified professionals to work as a higher level paraplanner. Clarity FT is an LIBF accredited learning support provider that offers short courses (fast track) that work around you, which means that you can study while you continue to work. If you need to achieve a relevant qualification to get that new career in paraplanning select one of our courses. We offer Class based, Real Time (online) Webinars and Blended/distance learning (self-paced). We come highly recommended by all ours students and excel in what we do best, by simplifying complex information to help you achieve exam success. We are so confident that you will pass that we offer a pass guarantee.
LIBF DiPPP – Diploma in Paraplanning – How to become a para-plannerTo become a para-planner candidates must complete a recognised qualification such as the LIBF Diploma in Paraplanning (DipPP). A Paraplanner is a person who works with a Financial Adviser and completes a number of the non-client facing tasks involved in preparing and administering a Financial Plan/Report for a client. ParaPlanners focus on the technical and report writing aspects of preparing the financial plans rather than the explaining and discussing the plans with the client. Paraplanners can work as either an employed Paraplanner and get paid a salary or as self-employed. Many Paraplanners freelance and offer services for a number of financial advisers. Commencing your career as a Paraplanner is an excellent stepping-stone to becoming a Financial adviser. There are no entry requirements to become a Paraplanner. Beware of rogue training providers. Only use accredited learning support providers (ALSP’s) to be sure that you receive the best training. Clarity FT is an ALSP which means our materials, training and tutors are vetted once a year by the LIBF.
Role of a Paraplanner:
- A Paraplanner will meet with clients to discuss their current circumstances along with the Financial adviser.
- Research the vast range of financial products including protection, investments and pensions on the instruction given by the Financial adviser in respect of the recommended product.
- Act as a liaison with clients.
- Complete suitability reports; explaining the features, benefits and risks of the products recommended.
- Excellent communication skills, namely written.
- Good attention to detail.
- Excellent research skills – Able to process large volumes of data to find the most appropriate products for the clients.
- Good computer skills.
- Organised – Time keeping is essential in order to maintain FCA designated timelines.
- Hardworking and diligent in order to keep their knowledge up to date.
DiPPP – Diploma in Paraplanning – LIBF Course InfoThe Diploma in Paraplanning (DipPP) is a QCF Level 4 benchmark qualification; it is also recognised as an appropriate Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) qualification in order to become a paraplanner. The level of expertise required to be a paraplanner is on a par to a financial adviser and the qualification will provide the learning and the understanding to succeed in that role. DipPP will explore all the various financial products, covering the technical aspects and suitability to meet client needs. The qualification will cover regulation, taxation, risk, ethical issues, as well as the legal aspects applicable to the industry. DipPP will also provide the knowledge and skills required to complete accurate suitability reports. On completion of the LIBF Diploma, qualified professionals can go on to work in financial services as a paraplanner, completing research and report writing for a financial adviser. This qualification only takes 9 months to complete, offering a direct route into the finance industry. DipPP is a professional qualification (level 4), but without the hefty course fee attached. There are four registration periods during the year. The DipPP qualification comprises of 2 units. The first unit Financial Services, Regulation and Ethics (FSRE) covers UK regulation assessed by one 2 hour multiple choice exam undertaken at a Pearson Vue test centre, these are located all over the UK. The LIBF have now rolled out the ability to sit the professional exams via remote proctoring, this enables students to sit the exams from the comfort and safety of their own homes. Unit 2 – Paraplanning (PARA) has two coursework components covered over 6 months (3 months each). To achieve your DipPP qualification candidates will need to register with the London Institute of Banking and Finance for the DipPP. The registration includes all exam fees and the awarding of the qualification on successful completion of both units. The current LIBF exam fee is £890.00 and is payable directly to them.
The LIBF Diploma in Paraplanning (DipPP) is split into 2 units:
- Unit 1: FSRE® (Skill: Understanding Regulation) – Exam: One 2 hour exam with 90 stand alone questions and 2 case studies with 5 questions each. 70% pass mark required.
- FSRE® (Financial Services, Regulation and Ethics)
- Overview: FSRE® is the regulatory foundation module required for any professional qualification. The module helps candidates understand how financial markets and products work. It also covers how firms and individuals are authorised and regulated in the UK.
- Unit 2: PARA section (2 separate coursework pieces) of the DipPP. There are quarterly registrations.
- PARA 1: Coursework (Skills: Communication, technical and research skills) (3000 word dissertation). Assessed: 3 months to complete – Submitted electronically. 50% pass mark required.
- Overview: DipPP PARA 1 covers all the relevant technical areas required to understand financial planning. Students are expected to submit a 3000 word dissertation after 3 months, where they must research and understand technically the topic area given. Students must also submit a reference list if any quotes have been used. Communication is tested by the student’s ability to communicate the piece to the selected target group.
- PARA 2: Coursework (Skills: Communication, technical and report writing skills) (3000 word suitability report). Assessed: 3 months to prepare – Submitted electronically. 50% pass mark required.
- Overview: DipPP PARA 2 looks at applying the knowledge gained in the previous units and testing the ability to formulate the knowledge via a suitability report (apply the knowledge). This is based on a case study provided as a fact find given 8 weeks before the submission date. Students must formulate their recommendations via a report within the time frame and submit it online. Students must also submit a reference list if any quotes have been used.
DipPP Courses – The Diploma in paraplanning
How Clarity FT run the courseAt Clarity Financial Training Ltd we offer a complete 9 day course (split over 3 sessions). No other training provider gives you the technical ability to fully understand the depth of knowledge required to pass your DipPP qualification with confidence. At Clarity FT we cover all the areas essential for delivering holistic advice. Whether you have existing experience or are new to the industry our workshops are aimed at covering each syllabus to help understand and gain the relevant exam technique to pass the qualification with ease. We have various study options available to assist you to tackle the exams and pass. The Diploma comes in 3 parts and all must be completed, read the following to see if it is for you. Click on the following:
- Financial Services regulation and Ethics (FSRE®)
- PARA 1 – Coursework
- PARA 2 – Coursework (Suitability Report)
Included in our courses are:
- Presentation power point booklet (slide format in Hardcopy) and tutor led presentation
- Daily test questions and/or appropriate handouts (Hardcopy)
- Mock exams (if the exam is multiple choice based) (Hardcopy and online)
- Tailored materials specific to the pre-released coursework and suitability report (Hardcopy)
- Full aftercare support offered by e-mail direct to your tutor
- Light refreshments, including microwave for general use (Class based)
- Free parking for all students (Class based)
- Real time webinars (live sessions that are fully interactive) delivered via Cisco webex sent by a secure link
- Pass guarantee (you are with us until you pass)
DipPP – Diploma in Paraplanning Training CoursesClarity FT offer a variety of DipPP – Diploma in Paraplanning short courses that work around you, including Classroom, Online and Blended/distance learning courses. We come Highly Recommended.
Class basedClarity FT offers DipPP fast track courses delivered over 9 days (9.30am to 5pm). The following elements are split into the following number of days:
- FSRE® (5 days)
- PARA 1 – Coursework (2 days)
- PARA 2 – Coursework – Suitability report (2 days)
Real Time Online Web basedClarity FT offers web based real time training delivered via Cisco WebEx. The sessions run similar to the class based course in time frame, however students access the class remotely via a computer or tablet. These sessions offer the ability for students to receive a full tutor led session, without the need to travel.
Blended/distance learningClarity FT offers professionally created material, assessments and mocks that students work through at their own pace. The time frame is 3 months per module. As students work through the material we offer telephone and email support, with the blended session provided via a 2 hour webinar scheduled once a month.
One-to-oneClarity FT offers one hour 1-2-1 sessions held at our Potters Bar training centre. This is aimed at students that require personal attention to certain elements within the syllabus. Multiple sessions would be required dependent on the range of material to be covered. If you are interested in becoming a paraplanner contact us.
Course DatesAt Clarity FT we truly value our students and strive to give them the best quality service available. Our spaces are limited, maximum 13 students per session. Please do not miss out BOOK NOW to save your place or pay a £100 deposit. Contact us now. Classroom based training: Please note that Classroom based training will be held at Potters Bar (Find us). Classroom based training may be moved to a real time webinar if social distancing is reintroduced, please be aware of this when booking.
Session 1 – FSRE: Financial Services, Regulation and Ethics
Online – Real Time Webinar Courses – Weekday courses
- Mon 13th to Fri 17th Dec 2021 (5 days – 9.30am to 5pm) – Webinar - Session ended
- Wed 9th to Sun 13th March 2022 (5 days – 9.30am to 5pm) – Webinar - Session ended
- Mon 25th to Fri 29th April 2022 (5 days – 9.30am to 5pm) – Webinar
- Mon 23rd to Fri 27th May 2022 (5 days – 9.30am to 5pm) – Webinar
- Wed 13th to Sun 17th July 2022 (5 days – 9.30am to 5pm) – Webinar
Classroom Based Training Courses – Weekday courses (Potters Bar)
- Mon 10th to Fri 14th Jan 2022 (5 days – 9.30am to 5pm) – Classroom - Session ended
- Mon 25th to Fri 29th April 2022 (5 days – 9.30am to 5pm) – Classroom
- Mon 23rd to Fri 27th May 2022 (5 days – 9.30am to 5pm) – Classroom
Online – Real Time Webinar Courses – Weekend FSRE
- Sat 5th, Sun 6th, Fri 11th to Sun 13th March 2022 (5 days – 9.30am to 5pm – Sat and Sun only (one Fri)) – Webinar - Session ended
- Sat 9th, Sun 10th, Fri 15th to Sun 17th July 2022 (5 days – 9.30am to 5pm – Sat and Sun only (one Fri)) – Webinar
Session 2 – PARA 1 Coursework specific
- Coming soon
Session 3 – PARA 2 Coursework specific (Suitability report)
- Coming soon