CeMAP® 2: Mortgages
CeMAP 2: Mortgages
The Module is split into 4 parts
CeMAP 2 covers the essential areas required to fully understand mortgage advice. The CeMAP® course is the second module of the LIBF qualification. To become a qualified mortgage adviser, each LIBF module must be clearly understood to enable professionals to give good quality mortgage advice.
Find out further information on becoming a Mortgage adviser, Click here.
The course consists of 4 units:
Unit 3: Mortgage Law, Policy, Practice, and Markets
Unit 4: Mortgage Applications
Unit 5: Mortgage Related Protected Products
Unit 6: Mortgage Payments Methods and Post Completion Issues
The topics covered are as follows:
Different types of mortgage and regulated mortgage contracts
- The house buying process
- Buying property at auction
- The Mortgage Conduct of Business Rules
- The economic and regulatory context for giving mortgage advice
- The role of a Mortgage Adviser and providing advice
- Types of security
- Fees and charges involved in arranging a mortgage
- Property defects and their implications
- Principal factors affecting the value of property
- Types of valuation and surveys
- Types of mortgage and their features
- Mortgage related protection
- Additional finance and debt consolidation
- Mortgage arrears and other breaches of the Mortgage Deed
- Legal rights and remedies available to lenders in respect of non-payment from the borrower
London Institute of Banking and Finance
Best cemap course
At Clarity FT our CeMAP training courses take you through each of the modules carefully, breaking them down so simply that even a novice will understand the concepts and material. The LIBF qualification can be achieved on completion of the training course and examination. After completing the course, you will be required to sit a mock exam to determine when you should take the exam, we will offer you guidance. The course is run over 4 days (9.30am to 5pm), please make sure of your course dates when booking. We leave no material left out and use tried and tested visuals to help you understand the content. We also give you CeMAP exam questions throughout the session to test your knowledge. We provide a hard copy of the materials for all courses.
The CeMAP 2 – Mortgages module is assessed by a 2-hour exam at a test centre, this comes as part of your registration fee with the LIBF. The exam consists of 100-questions, multiple-choice examination split into 4 units.
- Unit 3: Mortgage Law, Policy, Practice and Markets (25 questions – 68% pass mark) – 30 minute exam.
- Unit 4: Mortgage Applications (25 questions – 68% pass mark) – 30 minute exam.
- Unit 5: Mortgage Related Protected Products (20 questions – 70% pass mark) – 24 minute exam.
- Unit 6: Mortgage Payments Methods and Post Completion Issues (30 questions – 70% pass mark) – 36 minute exam.
The examination is computer based with the results given to you on completion.