Become a Financial Adviser
How to become a Financial Adviser
To become a financial adviser candidates must pass a professional qualification such as DiPFA®. DiPFA® (The Diploma for Financial Advisers) is the benchmark professional qualification for any candidate who wants to provide financial advice in the UK. Financial advice is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which requires all advisers to attain the relevant qualification before they can do so. DiPFA® is a London Institute of Banking and Finance Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) Level 4 qualification and is listed as an appropriate qualification recognised by the FCA following the Retail Distribution Review to help raise professional standards in UK financial advice. To become a financial adviser it requires certain skills including: Understanding regulation, communication, technical and research skills and the ability to apply that knowledge.
Skills and role of a Financial adviser
A financial adviser must use their skills and expertise to establish client affordability, suitability and risk profile based on the information provided by the client. An adviser will offer holistic advice providing solutions to help clients achieve their objectives based on their needs and circumstances that may change as their clients move through the different life stages. A Financial adviser will recommend the most appropriate products from protection, through to investments and retirement solutions as well as estate planning. Advisers can work as either an employed adviser and get paid a salary or as self-employed where they can charge a fee paid by the customer.
- Meeting with clients to discuss their current circumstances to establish affordability, suitability and their attitude to risk.
- Select the most appropriate solutions and products from the vast range available to fulfill their clients needs and help them to achieve their objectives.
- Explain complex financial information simplistically to clients.
- Explain the features, benefits and risks of the products recommended.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Numerate and articulate.
- Have a lateral mind to combine solutions.
- Honest, trustworthy and ethical.
- Sociable and friendly.
- Hardworking and diligent in order to keep their knowledge up to date.
- Organised – Advisers must be organised in order to maintain adequate records in order to remain FCA compliant.
LIBF Course Info
The LIBF Diploma for Financial Advisers (DipFA®) is an FCA-approved QCF Level 4 qualification; it is one of the benchmark qualifications to meet the Retail Distribution Review (RDR) requirements. RDR came into effect on 31st December 2012 and applies to all advisers in the retail investment market, regardless of the type of firm they work. RDR was designed to raise Professional standards and to increase consumer confidence in the retail investment market. Whether independent or restricted, advisers are required to demonstrate a higher level of knowledge and skills. The structure will ensure that advisers achieve a greater level of professionalism, with higher level qualifications, enhanced standards of CPD and adhering to ethical standards.
On completion of the LIBF Diploma, qualified professionals can go on to work in financial services as a financial adviser, giving advice on investments through to retirement planning. This qualification only takes 9 months to complete, offering a direct route into the finance industry. The DipFA is a professional qualification (level 4), but without the hefty course fee attached,
The DiPFA® qualification comprises of 3 modules, with the first module which covers UK regulation assessed by one 2 hour multiple choice exam undertaken at a Pearson Vue test centre, these are located all over the UK. The Advanced financial advice is covered by a 4000 word dissertation and a 3 hour final exam. To get your DiPFA® qualification candidates will need to register with the London Institute of Banking and Finance for the DiPFA®. The registration includes all exam fees and the awarding of the qualification on successful completion of all 3 modules, the current LIBF exam fee is £890.00. DiPFA® is split into 3 modules:
- Module 1: FSRE® (Skill: Understanding Regulation) (Exam: One 2 hour exam with 90 stand alone questions and 2 case studies with 5 questions each. 70% pass mark required)
- FSRE® (Financial Services, Regulation and Ethics)
- Overview: FSRE® is the regulatory foundation module required for any professional qualification. The module helps candidates understand how financial markets work and the financial products. It also covers how firms and individuals are authorised and regulated in the UK.
- For the AFA sections (module 2 and 3) of the DiPFA® there are quarterly registrations.
- AFA Module 2: Coursework (Skills: Communication, technical and research skills) (4000 word dissertation, plus 4 short questions). Assessed: 4 months to complete. Submitted electronically. 50% pass mark required)
- Overview: DiPFA® module 2 covers all the relevant technical areas required to deliver financial advice. Students are expected to submit a 4000 word dissertation after 4 months, where they must research and understand technically the topic area. Communication is tested by the student’s ability to communicate the piece to the selected target group.
- AFA Module 3: Fact find exam (Exam: One 3 hour exam. 50% pass mark required)
- Overview: The final module looks at applying the knowledge gained in the previous units and testing the ability to formulate the knowledge in practise (apply the knowledge) via a case study provided as a fact find given 6 weeks before. Students must formulate their recommendations via a report within the time frame.
How Clarity FT run the course
At Clarity Financial Training Ltd we offer a complete 9 day course (split over 3 sessions). No other training provider gives you the technical ability to fully understand the depth of knowledge required to pass your DipFA® qualification with confidence. At Clarity FT we cover all the areas essential for delivering holistic advice.
At Clarity Financial Training Ltd we offer professionally delivered DiPFA® training courses that help students pass their exams with confidence. Whether you have existing experience or are new to the industry our workshops are aimed at covering each syllabus to help understand and gain the relevant exam technique to pass the qualification with ease. We have various study options available to assist you to tackle the exams and pass.
- Financial Services regulation and Ethics (FSRE®)
- Advanced Financial Advice (AFA) Coursework
- Advanced Financial Advice (AFA) Suitability Report
Included in our courses are:
- Presentation power point booklet (slide format) and tutor led presentation (Hardcopy)
- Daily test questions and/or appropriate handouts (Hardcopy)
- Mock exams (if the exam is multiple choice based) (Hardcopy and online)
- Tailored materials specific to the pre-released coursework and factfind (Hardcopy)
- Full aftercare support offered by e-mail direct to your tutor
- Light refreshments, including microwave for general use (Class based)
- Free parking for all students (Class based)
- Real time webinars (live sessions that are fully interactive) delivered via Cisco webex sent by a secure link
- Pass guarantee (you are with us until you pass)
All our courses will be run as REAL TIME WEBINARS for the time being to help combat the spread of the coronavirus. Clarity FT wants to help the global fight to end this pandemic. Your studies should not have to be put on hold. Webinar classes are fully interactive and are professionally run (Click here for details).
Full DipFA® Course.
We fully appreciate the level of knowledge required to pass your level 4 DiPFA® with confidence. We take you through each workshop with expert tuition that enables students to gain the essential technical knowledge and skills required to be a financial adviser. FSRE® is covered in a comprehensive 5 day course that leaves nothing uncovered. These sessions are offered by highly skilled tutors that have the practical experience and knowledge to deliver the material. The AFA coursework and Factfind sessions are tailor made, NOT generic sessions. They cover the specific details based on your registration. We have had a 100% first time pass rate for the coursework session and offer a pass guarantee (click here for details) if you do not succeed.
Class based: 9 days split over 3 sessions (5 days FSRE, 2 days Coursework and 2 days Factfind). Sessions run from 9.30am to 5pm.
Webinar: 9 days split over 3 sessions (5 days FSRE, 2 days Coursework and 2 days Factfind). A link is sent and the session is delivered via Cisco webex. Sessions run from 9.30am to 5pm.
- All our courses will be run as REAL TIME WEBINARS for the time being to help combat the spread of the coronavirus. Clarity FT wants to help the global fight to end this pandemic. Your studies should not have to be put on hold. Webinar classes are fully interactive and are professionally run (Click here for details).
Blended-Distance learning: We offer blended distance learning for FSRE and the AFA coursework. The time frame is suited to the student (subject to the submission date for the coursework). This includes materials, email support and a monthly technical webinar.
Ways to Study
At Clarity Financial Training Ltd we are committed to offering you choice and convenience, so we have various study options to gain your LIBF qualification available for you to choose from. At Clarity FT we offer CeMAP® distance blended learning, as well as DipFA® In-House training and CeRER® one-to-one. If you prefer the traditional classroom setting you can select this option. If you live some distance from London and cannot commit to the overnight stay try our other methods, either our on-line web tutor which is run real time, blended/distance learning or in-house (subject to minimum numbers) or if you prefer the personal touch have an exclusive one to one session. Click on the following and read for yourself which option best suits you.
We Offer the DiPFA qualification via all study options (please check the individual modules):
Choose the solution that suits you. Book now.
At Clarity FT we truly value our students and strive to give them the best quality service available. Our spaces are limited, maximum 15 students per session. Please do not miss out BOOK NOW to save your place or pay a £100 deposit. Contact us now.
Clarity Financial Training LTD will allow students that have booked onto our Real Time Webinars to opt to our class based courses when it is feasible to do so and social distancing is no longer required. You can book with confidence as the dates will remain the same and there will be no additional cost.
Session 1 – FSRE®: Financial Services, Regulation and Ethics
Weekday FSRE®: Real Time Webinar
- Mon 11th to Fri 15th May 2020 (5 days: 9.30am to 5pm) Session ended
- Mon 29th June to Fri 3rd July 2020 (5 days: 9.30am to 5pm) Session ended
- Sat 15th to Wed 19th Aug 2020 (5 days: 9.30am to 5pm) Session ended
- Mon 7th to Fri 11th Sept 2020 (5 days: 9.30am to 5pm)
- Mon 5th to Fri 9th Oct 2020 (5 days: 9.30am to 5pm)
- Mon 9th to Fri 13th Nov 2020 (5 days: 9.30am to 5pm)
Weekend FSRE® Real Time Webinar
- Sat 15th to Sat 29th Aug 2020 (Sat and Sun 5 days only: 9.30am to 5pm)
Session 2 – AFA Coursework specific: See what is involved. Click here
AFA Coursework Real Time WEBINAR
- Weds 6th to Thurs 7th May 2020 (27th July 2020 submission) (2 days 9.30am to 4.30pm coursework specific workshop) Session ended
- Sat 6th to Sun 7st June 2020 (27th July 2020 submission) (2 days 9.30am to 4.30pm coursework specific workshop) Session ended
- Thurs 3rd to Fri 4th Sept 2020 (26th Oct 2020 submission) (2 days 9.30am to 4.30pm coursework specific workshop)
- Thurs 19th to Fri 20th Nov 2020 (25th Jan 2021 submission) (2 days 9.30am to 4.30pm coursework specific workshop)
- Mon 21st to Tues 22nd Dec 2020 (25th Jan 2021 submission) (2 days 9.30am to 4.30pm coursework specific workshop)
- Thurs 11th to Fri 12th Feb 2021 (10th May 2021 submission) (2 days 9.30am to 4.30pm coursework specific workshop)
- Sat 27th to Sun 28th Mar 2021 (10th May 2021 submission) (2 days 9.30am to 4.30pm coursework specific workshop)
Session 3 – AFA Factfind
AFA Real time Web based Factfind (Must be booked 2 days in advance)
- Thurs 18th to Fri 19th June 2020 (16th July 2020 exam) (2 days 9.30am to 4.30pm) Session ended
- Thurs 17th to Fri 18th Sept 2020 (15th Oct 2020 exam) (2 days 9.30am to 4.30pm)
- Thurs 17th to Fri 18th Dec 2020 (21st Jan 2021 exam) (2 days 9.30am to 4.30pm)
- Thurs 18th to Fri 19th March 2021 (15th April 2021 exam) (2 days 9.30am to 4.30pm)
- Thurs 17th to Fri 18th June 2021 (15th July 2021 exam) (2 days 9.30am to 4.30pm)
DipFA® AFA Coursework: Classroom£325.00 View product
DipFA® AFA Coursework: Distance Learning£225.00 View product
DipFA® AFA Coursework: Real time webinar£325.00 View product
DipFA® AFA Fact Find: Classroom£325.00 View product
DipFA® AFA Fact Find: Real time webinar£325.00 View product
DipFA® FSRE: Classroom£500.00 View product
DipFA® FSRE: Distance Learning£225.00 View product
DipFA® FSRE: Real Time Webinar£500.00 View product
DipFA® FSRE: Weekend Classroom£500.00 View product