Become a Financial Adviser
How to become a Financial Adviser
To become a financial adviser candidates must pass a professional qualification such as DiPFA®. DiPFA® (The Diploma for Financial Advisers) is the benchmark professional qualification for any candidate who wants to provide financial advice in the UK. UK financial advisers are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which requires all advisers to attain the relevant qualification before they can do so. DiPFA® is a London Institute of Banking and Finance QCF Level 4 qualification and is listed as an appropriate qualification recognised by the FCA following the Retail Distribution Review to help raise professional standards in UK financial advice. To become a financial adviser it requires certain skills including: Understanding regulation, communication, technical and research skills and the ability to apply that knowledge. DiPFA® covers all these areas in 3 separate exams.
The DiPFA® qualification comprises of 3 modules, with the first module which covers UK regulation assessed by one 2 hour multiple choice exam undertaken at a Pearson Vue test centre, these are located all over the UK. The Advanced financial advice is covered by a 4000 word dissertation and a 3 hour final exam. To get your DiPFA® qualification candidates will need to register with the London Institute of Banking and Finance for the DiPFA®. The registration includes all exam fees and the awarding of the qualification on successful completion of all 3 modules. DiPFA® is split into 3 modules:
- Module 1: FSRE® (Skill: Understanding Regulation) (Exam: One 2 hour exam with 90 stand alone questions and 2 case studies with 5 questions each. 70% pass mark required)
- FSRE® (Financial Services, Regulation and Ethics)
- Overview: FSRE® is the regulatory foundation module required for any professional qualification. The module helps candidates understand how financial markets work and the financial products. It also covered how firms and individuals are authorised and regulated in the UK.
- For the AFA sections (module 2 and 3) of the DiPFA® there are quarterly registrations.
- AFA Module 2: Coursework (Skills: Communication, technical and research skills) (4000 word dissertation, plus 4 short questions). Assessed: 4 months to complete. Submitted electronically. 50% pass mark required)
- Overview: DiPFA® module 2 covers all the relevant technical areas required to deliver financial advice. Students are expected to submit a 4000 word dissertation after 4 months, where they must research and understand technically the topic area. Communication is tested by the student’s ability to communicate the piece to the selected target group.
- AFA Module 3: Fact find exam (Exam: One 3 hour exam. 50% pass mark required)
- Overview: The final module looks at applying the knowledge gained in the previous units and testing the ability to formulate the knowledge in practise (apply the knowledge) via a case study provided as a fact find given 6 weeks before. Students must formulate their recommendations via a report within the time frame.
At Clarity Financial Training Ltd we offer professionally delivered DiPFA® training courses that help students pass their exams with confidence. Whether you have existing experience or are new to the industry our workshops are aimed at covering each syllabus to help understand and gain the relevant exam technique to pass the qualification with ease. We have various study options available to assist you to tackle the exams and pass. Click here to see our study options and dates available.
LIBF Course Info
The LIBF Diploma for Financial Advisers (DipFA®) is an FCA-approved QCF Level 4 qualification; it is one of the benchmark qualifications to meet the Retail Distribution Review (RDR) requirements. RDR came into effect on 31st December 2012 and applies to all advisers in the retail investment market, regardless of the type of firm they work. RDR was designed to raise Professional standards and to increase consumer confidence in the retail investment market. Whether independent or restricted, advisers are required to demonstrate a higher level of knowledge and skills. The structure will ensure that advisers achieve a greater level of professionalism, with higher level qualifications, enhanced standards of CPD and adhering to ethical standards.
On completion of the LIBF Diploma, qualified professionals can go on to work in financial services as a financial adviser, giving advice on investments through to retirement planning. This qualification only takes 9 months to complete, offering a direct route into the finance industry.
The DipFA is a professional qualification (level 4), but without the hefty course fee attached. Research has shown that the retail distribution review (RDR) will force one in seven IFAs to exit the industry when regulatory changes (including the new exam threshold) are introduced in 2012, according to JPMorgan Asset Management, this will leave a void in the industry waiting to be filled by you. Take a look at the course content and then our study options and your decision could not be made easier.
How Clarity FT run the course
At Clarity Financial Training Ltd we offer a complete 9 day program (split over 3 sessions). No other training provider gives you the technical ability to fully understand the depth of knowledge required to pass your DipFA® qualification with confidence. At Clarity FT we cover all the areas essential for delivering holistic advice.
Find out further information on becoming a Financial adviser, Click here.
Full DipFA® programme. Click below to see further details
We fully appreciate the level of knowledge required to pass your level 4 DiPFA® with confidence. We take you through each workshop with expert tuition that enables students to gain the essential technical knowledge and skills required to be a financial adviser. FSRE® is covered in a comprehensive 5 day course that leaves nothing uncovered. These sessions are offered by highly skilled tutors that have the practical experience and knowledge to deliver the material. The AFA coursework and Factfind sessions are tailor made, NOT generic sessions. They cover the specific details based on your registration. We have had a 100% first time pass rate for the coursework session and offer a pass guarantee (click here for details) if you do not succeed. Please click below for the relevant course specifics:
- FSRE®: 5 days (Class) or Blended/Distance
- AFA coursework specific workshop: 2 days (Class or Webinar) or Blended/Distance
- AFA fact find workshop: 2 day (Class or Webinar)
Class based: 9 days split over 3 sessions (5 days FSRE, 2 days Coursework and 2 days Factfind). Sessions run from 9.30am to 4pm.
Webinar: We run real time webinar sessions for the AFA coursework and Factfind. A link is sent and the session is delivered via Cisco webex. Sessions run from 9.30am to 4pm.
Blended-Distance learning: We offer blended distance learning for FSRE and the AFA coursework. The time frame is suited to the student (subject to the submission date for the coursework). This includes materials, email support and a monthly technical webinar.
Ways to Study
At Clarity Financial Training Ltd we are committed to offering you choice and convenience, so we have various study options to gain your LIBF qualification available for you to choose from. At Clarity FT we offer CeMAP® distance blended learning, as well as DipFA® In-House training and CeFAP® one-to-one. If you prefer the traditional classroom setting you can select this option. If you live some distance from London and cannot commit to the overnight stay try our other methods, either our on-line web tutor which is run real time, blended/distance learning or in-house (subject to minimum numbers) or if you prefer the personal touch have an exclusive one to one session. Click on the following and read for yourself which option best suits you.
We Offer the DiPFA qualification via all study options (please check the individual modules):
Choose the solution that suits you. Book now.
At Clarity FT we truly value our students and strive to give them the best quality service available. Our spaces are limited, maximum 10 students per session. Please do not miss out BOOK NOW to save your place or pay a £100 deposit. Contact us now
Session 1 – FSRE®: Financial Services, Regulation and Ethics
Weekday FSRE®: Classroom
- Tues 7th to Sat 11th May 2019 (5 days: 9.30am to 4pm) Session ended.
- Mon 24th to Fri 28th June 2019 (5 days: 9.30am to 4pm)
- Mon 15th to Fri 19th July 2019 (5 days: 9.30am to 4pm)
- Mon 26th to Fri 30th Aug 2019 (5 days: 9.30am to 4pm)
- Mon 30th Sept to Fri 4th Oct 2019 (5 days: 9.30am to 4pm)
- Mon 18th to Fri 22nd Nov 2019 (5 days: 9.30am to 4pm)
- Mon 6th to Fri 10th Jan 2020 (5 days: 9.30am to 4pm)
Weekend FSRE® Classroom
- Sat 22nd June to Sat 6th July 2019 (Sat and Sun 5 days only: 9.30am to 4pm)
- Sat 9th to Sat 23rd Nov 2019 (Sat and Sun 5 days only: 9.30am to 4pm)
Session 2 – AFA Coursework specific: See what is involved. Click here
AFA Coursework Classroom
- Thurs 2nd to Fri 3rd May 2019 (29th July 2019 submission) (2 days 9.30am to 4pm coursework specific workshop) Session ended.
- Sat 1st to Sun 2nd June 2019 (29th July 2019 submission) (2 days 9.30am to 4pm coursework specific workshop)
- Mon 29th to Tues 30th July 2019 (28th Oct 2019 submission) (2 days 9.30am to 4pm coursework specific workshop)
- Thurs 24th to Fri 25th Oct 2019 (27th Jan 2020 submission) (2 days 9.30am to 4pm coursework specific workshop)
- Thurs 28th to Fri 29th Nov 2019 (27th Jan 2020 submission) (2 days 9.30am to 4pm coursework specific workshop)
AFA Coursework Real time web based: See here for details. Must be booked 2 business days before course start.
- Sat 4th to Sun 5th May 2019 (29th July 2019 submission) (2 days 9.30am to 4pm coursework specific workshop) Session ended.
- Sat 27th to Sun 28th July 2019 (28th Oct 2019 submission) (2 days 9.30am to 4pm coursework specific workshop)
- Sat 26th to Sun 27th Oct 2019 (27th Jan 2020 submission) (2 days 9.30am to 4pm coursework specific workshop)
Session 3 – AFA Factfind
AFA Classroom Factfind
- Thurs 13th to Fri 14th June 2019 (11th July 19 exam) (2 days 9.30am to 4pm)
- Thurs 5th to Fri 6th Sept 2019 (3rd Oct 19 exam) (2 days 9.30am to 4pm)
- Thurs 12th to Fri 13th Dec 2019 (9th Jan 2020 exam) (2 days 9.30am to 4pm)
- Thurs 5th to Fri 6th March 2019 (2nd April 2020 exam) (2 days 9.30am to 4pm)
AFA Real time Web based Factfind (Must be booked 2 days in advance)
- Sat 15th to Sun 16th June 2019 (11th July 19 exam) (2 days 9.30am to 4pm)
- Sat 7th to Sun 8th Sept 2019 (3rd Oct 19 exam) (2 days 9.30am to 4pm)
- Sat 14th to Sun 15th Dec 2019 (9th Jan 2020 exam) (2 days 9.30am to 4pm)
- Sat 7th to Sun 8th March 2019 (2nd April 2020 exam) (2 days 9.30am to 4pm)
DipFA® AFA Coursework: Classroom£325.00 View product
DipFA® AFA Coursework: Distance Learning£215.00 View product
DipFA® AFA Coursework: Real time webinar£325.00 View product
DipFA® AFA Fact Find: Classroom£325.00 View product
DipFA® AFA Fact Find: Real time webinar£325.00 View product
DipFA® FSRE: Classroom£500.00 View product
DipFA® FSRE: Distance Learning£225.00 View product
DipFA® FSRE: Weekend Classroom£500.00 View product