Become an Equity Release Adviser
How to become an Equity Release Adviser
To become an Equity Release adviser candidates must first pass a professional qualification such as CeRER®. CeRER® (The Certificate in Regulated Equity Release) is the benchmark professional qualification for any candidate that wants to provide UK Equity Release advice. Equity release refers to circumstances when candidates over a certain age can release equity from their homes to fund retirement or long term care without the need to sell their main residence. UK mortgages and Equity Release schemes are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which requires all advisers to attain the relevant qualification before they can do so. CeRER® is a London Institute of Banking and Finance Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) Level 3 qualification and is listed as an appropriate qualification recognised by the FCA. Candidates must already be CeMAP qualified (See here).
Skills and role of an Equity Release adviser
An Equity Release adviser will recommend to their clients which is the most appropriate type of Equity Release scheme in order to fulfill their needs and circumstances. Advisers must use their skills and expertise to establish client affordability and suitability from a vast range of products. Advisers can work as either an employed adviser and get paid a salary or as self-employed where they can charge a fee or receive commission from the lender.
- Meeting with clients to discuss their current circumstances to establish affordability and suitability.
- Select the most appropriate scheme from the vast range available.
- Explain complex financial information simplistically to clients.
- Explain the features, benefits and risks of the products recommended.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Honest, trustworthy and ethical.
- Sociable and friendly.
- Hardworking and diligent in order to keep their knowledge up to date.
- Organised – Advisers must be organised in order to maintain adequate records in order to remain FCA compliant.
The Certificate in Regulated Equity Release (CeRER) is an additional qualification that will enable existing CeMAP qualified advisers to give advice in Equity Release. The CeRER meets the FCA regulatory requirements. It is a Level 3 qualification registered with Ofqual in the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). The registration includes an exam fee of £210.00 and the awarding of the qualification on successful completion of the exam, this is payable separately and paid direct to the LIBF. To gain the CeRER qualification candidates must already be CeMAP (or equivalent) qualified.
The qualification is split into two units
- Unit 1 – Fundamentals of Equity Release
- Unit 2 – Equity Release Solutions
The Equity Release module is assessed through a single 2-hour multiple choice exam, split into two sections:
- Unit 1 – Fundamentals of Equity Release: 50 multiple-choice questions
- Unit 2 – Equity Release Solutions: 3 case studies each with 10 linked multiple-choice questions
The exam can be taken at over 150 Pearson VUE centres.
How Clarity FT run the course
At Clarity FT our CeRER® training course takes you through each of the units carefully, breaking it down so simply so that even a novice will understand the concepts and material. The LIBF qualification can be achieved on completion of the training course. The course is run over 2 days (9.30 to 5pm), with no material left out. We cover a unit each day and assess your knowledge throughout. The presentation it tutor led by a qualified professional. We use examples, class interaction, images and tried and tested techniques on how to remember the vast amount of information. The course if followed my multiple mock style questions and email support until your exam. The pass mark for each unit is 70%.
We offer Class, Real time Web based or Blended/distance learning for the CeRER qualification. Included in the package is:
- Presentation power point booklet (slide format) and tutor led presentation (Hardcopy)
- Daily test questions and/or appropriate handouts (Hardcopy)
- Mock exams (if the exam is multiple choice based) (Hardcopy and online)
- Full aftercare support offered by e-mail direct to your tutor
- Light refreshments, including microwave for general use (Class based)
- Free parking for all students (Class based)
- Pass guarantee (you are with us until you pass)
Ways to Study
At Clarity Financial Training Ltd we are committed to offering you choice and convenience, so we have various study options to gain your LIBF qualification available for you to choose from. At Clarity FT we offer CeMAP® distance blended learning, as well as DipFA® In-House training and CeRER® one-to-one. If you prefer the traditional classroom setting you can select this option. If you live some distance from London and cannot commit to the overnight stay try our other methods, either our on-line web tutor which is run real time, blended/distance learning or in-house (subject to minimum numbers) or if you prefer the personal touch have an exclusive one to one session. Click on the following and read for yourself which option best suits you.
We Offer the CeRER qualification via all study options:
Choose the solution that suits you. Book now.
At Clarity FT we truly value our students and strive to give them the best quality service available. Our class based spaces are limited, maximum 12 students per session. Please do not miss out BOOK NOW to save your place or pay a £100 deposit. Contact us now.
Web based training courses
Certificate in Regulated Equity Release (CeRER®) (Real Time Webinar Course)
- Sat 25th to Sun 26th April 2020 (2 days 9.30am to 5pm) Session ended
- Sat 30th to Sun 31st May 2020 (2 days 9.30am to 5pm) Session ended
- Thurs 23rd to Fri 24th July 2020 (2 days 9.30am to 5pm) Session ended
- Sat 3rd to Sun 4th Oct 2020 (2 days 9.30am to 5pm)
- Thurs 5th to Fri 6th Nov 2020 (2 days 9.30am to 5pm)
- Mon 21st to Tue 22nd Dec 2020 (2 days 9.30am to 5pm)