LIBF CeMAP® Diploma
LIBF CeMAP® Diploma
How to become a mortgage adviser
To become an advanced mortgage adviser candidates can take The CeMAP Diploma. The CeMAP Diploma is a professional qualification for any candidate that wants to provide UK mortgage advice and achieve a higher level qualification than the benchmark Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) required RQF level 3. The CeMAP Diploma can emphasis to potential employers and clients that you have a deeper and more thorough understanding of the mortgage market and protection with an enriched and higher level of knowledge. UK mortgages are regulated by the FCA, which requires all advisers to attain the relevant qualification before they can do so. The CeMAP Diploma is a London Institute of Banking and Finance Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) Level 4 qualification and is listed as an appropriate qualification recognised by the FCA. Candidates must already be CeMAP® qualified before they can attain the CeMAP Diploma qualification.
Beware of rogue CeMAP training providers. Only use accredited providers to be sure that you receive the best training. Click here for details.
Skills and role of a Mortgage adviser
A mortgage adviser will recommend to their clients which is the most appropriate type of mortgage in order to buy a property. Advisers must use their skills and expertise to establish client affordability and suitability from a vast range of products. Advisers must also assist their clients to protect their mortgage and property by selling the most appropriate insurance products including life cover, income protection and property insurance. Advisers can work as either an employed adviser and get paid a salary or as self-employed where they can charge a fee or receive commission from the lender and insurance company.
- Meeting with clients to discuss their current circumstances to establish affordability and suitability.
- Select the most appropriate products from the vast range available.
- Explain complex financial information simplistically to clients.
- Explain the features, benefits and risks of the products recommended.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Honest, trustworthy and ethical.
- Sociable and friendly.
- Hardworking and diligent in order to keep their knowledge up to date.
- Organised – Advisers must be organised in order to maintain adequate records in order to remain FCA compliant.
The CeMAP Diploma is a professional qualification for any candidate who wants to work as a higher level mortgage adviser. UK financial services are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). The CeMAP Diploma is a London Institute of Banking and Finance RQF Level 4 qualification and is recognised by the Financial Skills Partnership.